Mali is an ICF Certified Professional Coach, a facilitator and trainer in Collaborative Communication/Dialogue and Leadership, Inner Empowerment/Self-Esteem, Conflict Resolution/Transformation, Restorative Practices, Mediation, Nonviolence, Mindfulness, Peace Education and Trauma-Informed Attachment Healing.
Her approaches come from integrating years of studies in Nonviolent Communication (NVC), Restorative Practices/Justice, Family/System Constellations, Positive and Conscious Discipline to parents/educators/youth, Leadership Coaching, Mindfulness and her love of any brain science topics, Attachment Theory and Interpersonal Neurobiology.
Mali supports individuals, (ex)partners, families and groups to find collaborative and restorative relating within and with others – in person or virtually through her private Core To Coeur (Heart in French) practice. See her in-depth offerings at www.core2coeur.com.
For the other part of the week, Mali works at the Restorative DC project (previously DC Alliance for Restorative Practices) to bring Restorative Practices to DC public schools educators and youth since 2015. She focuses on establishing trauma- and attachment-informed encouraging relationships between educators and youth, a positive culture and climate inclusion and mattering, a positive restorative discipline focused on growth-mindset and learning through F.A.I.L.s (First Attemps In Learning)
Mali believes in the “Beloved Community” being the framework and “attachment village” for supporting ourselves and all generations. She co-organizes The Peace Circle community events year-round in the DC area including annual camping trips in the Spring and late Summer. She is also a co-organizer and trainer of the annual NVC Family Summer camp: Family HEART Camp West Virginia.
Mali lives with her two life-teachers, her children, in Washington, D.C. during the school year and in her native land of France for a part of the Summer. She is fluent in French and English and is still hoping to integrate Spanish one day soon!
Trainings / Certifications
- Family & System Constellations Facilitator Training – Since 2015
- Student of Family Constellation facilitation integrated with Interpersonal Neurobiology, NVC and Attachment Theory with Sarah Peyton (www.empathybrain.com) – Year-Long 2016-2019
- Completed Advanced Training with Elena Veselago (8 days) – 2016
- Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator (2015) and Parenting Educator since 2010
- Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Trainings over 1000h+ – Since 2007
- Trainer at Family HEART Camp’s West Virginia, NVC Summer Camp – since 2013
- Graduate of BayNVC’s Parent Peer Leadership Program (PPLP) – 2009
- Graduate and Assistant of BayNVC’s Leadership Program (LP) – 2012 & 2014
- Over 1000h+ of NVC trainings worldwide with various CNVC-Certified Trainers (Holley Humphrey, Sarah Peyton, Robert Gonzales, Gina Cenciose, Roxy Manning, Francois Beausoleil, Kit Miller, Dian Killian, Mary McKenzy, Kathleen McFerran, Kristin Masters, Yoram Mozenson, Leo Sofer, Dominic Barter, Bob Wentworth among many others)
- Certification Candidate with the Center for Nonviolent Communication and currently on voluntary pause with ethical concerns about its process
- Trainer/Facilitator with Capital NVC
- Restorative Justice Trainings – Since 2012
- Mentor Training program with Journey of Young Women – 2013
- ICF Certified Professional Coach – Leadership That Works, NY – 2011
- Other Trainings
- Attachment Theory
- Emotional Focused Therapy with Sue Johnson: 4 daylongs and online class – since 2014
- Hellen Keller MasterMind: 3 years of year-long online classes – 2016-2019
- Polyvagal Theory: Stephen Porges: 1 daylong – 2018
- Interpersonal Neurobiology with Dan Siegel: 1 daylong 2019
- Internal Family Systems with Richard Schwartz: 1 daylong 2019
- Somatic Experiencing with Peter Levine – ongoing 2018
- Somatic Experiencing/Attachment Sexual Trauma Healing with Peter Levine and Hellen Keller: 8 week online class – 2019
- Focusing (Ann Cornell) with Gina Cenciose: 8 week class – 2013
- Conscious Discipline training with Becky Bailey: 3 daylong – 2009
- Attachment Theory
- Master in Economics and Management from Sorbonne University – 1999, Paris, France – with over 15+ years of business, sales, communication and marketing expertise and work in the telecommunication, financial, non-profit and educational fields.
Robin is a long-time active member of the DC NVC community and more so in the Frederick MD area where she lives with her multi-generational family of eight. She has been on a deepening NVC journey since 2011 after participating and now being an assistant at both Family HEART Camp VA/WV and the Parent Peer Leadership Program with BayNVC.
Robin also works with NVC Academy as a course coordinator and online support. Robin is passionate about creating social change and harmony through compassion, parenting, and community. She is especially passionate about work with teenagers and partners with local teens to co-create supportive community.
She offers local trainings focused on parenting, empathy, compassion, and her own interpretation of nonviolent communication.
Having been a holistic health & life coach and executive/administrative assistant for women entrepreneurs and nonprofits in Washington, DC for the last decade, Cafini is honored to be serving as Mali’s assistant in Core To Coeur as well as the Peace Circle Center. She looks forward to promoting peace and harmonious community relationships in supporting PCC activities and collaborators.
Beyond administrative work, Cafini loves community gardening. You can learn more about her efforts in that regard on her blog: http://mindinthegap.wordpress.com