Nonviolent Communication (NVC) or Compassionate / Collaborative Communication
Our trainers all have extensive training and personal integration with Nonviolent Communication.
As described by the Center for Nonviolent Communication, “Nonviolent Communication is based on historical principles of nonviolence– the natural state of compassion when no violence is present in the heart. NVC reminds us what we already instinctively know about how good it feels to authentically connect to another human being.
With NVC we learn to hear our own deeper needs and those of others. Through its emphasis on deep listening, this language reveals the awareness that all human beings are only trying to honor universal values and needs, every minute, every day.
NVC is a powerful transformational approach to deeper and more empathic inner and outer relationships, nonviolent conflict resolution and social change.
Recommended readings on NVC and Parenting include:
- Parenting From Your Heart, by Inbal Kashtan
- Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids by Sura Hart and Victoria Kindle Hodson
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall Rosenberg
- Raising Children Compassionately by Marshall Rosenberg
Restorative Practices and other Forms of Nonviolent Conflict Resolution
Our trainers have advanced training, knowledge, experience and integration in various restorative practices, including Restorative Circles by Dominic Barter, Peace Making Circle Process by Kay Pranis, Community Conferencing, Alternative to Violence, etc. (More info coming soon…)
Read more here about Restorative Practices in the News and Other Resources .
Other Supportive Approaches
Non-exhaustive lists of references and approaches we base our consulting and coaching on are:
- Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen – all books in this series
- Hold Onto Your Kids by Gordon Neufeld
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and How to Listen so Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Playful Parenting by Lawrence Cohen
- Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline by Becky Bailey (Conscious Discipline)
- Raising Ourselves, Raising Our Children by Naomi Aldort
- Magical Child, Magical Parent by Joseph Chilton Pearce
- Giving the Love that Heals by Harville Hendrix
- The Whole-Brain Child and Parenting From the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel
- Connection Parenting by Pam Leo
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving From Rewards and Punishments by Alfie Kohn