October 11 - 06:00 pmEnd:
October 14 - 04:30 pmClick to Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/clearing-echoes-of-the-past-removing-connection-blocks-making-way-for-change-to-come-tickets-65103991792
Mali Parke at the Peace Circle Center and Core To Coeur Coaching
Friends Meeting House of Washington DC
2111 Florida Avenue , Washington, DC 20008
Washington, DC, US, 20008
Clearing Echoes of the Past, Removing Connection Blocks: Making Way for Change to Come
An Exploration of Neurobiology and Intergenerational Trauma on Relationships and Social Engagement
Have you ever wondered how to create – or sustain – warm, resilient, intimate friendships or romantic relationships?
Have you been longing to be more engaged and active in your personal, social or larger public life, but find yourself not able to move things through fast or far enough?
Sarah Peyton uses Family Constellations as a gateway to a deeper understanding of how we relate to ourselves, to one another and to our collective human history. This deeply embodied and experiential workshop offers solid insights into what happens in our brains as we bring the trauma of our and previous generations to resolution using family constellations. Sarah’s integration of neuroscience, trauma theory and constellation work will help us make sense of the internal movements that take place as a constellation unfolds.
If you are new to family constellations, expect an exploration of yourself as an essential member of the groups you belong to, and an expansion of your sense of healing, growth and changemaking capacities. If you are a Family Constellation facilitator, expect inspiration and deepening along with a powerful new approach to integration.
In this 3 ½ day Family Constellation Intensive, you will experience:
- How resonance — what happens when we have a sense that we are understood — is key to finding closeness in relationship.
- How to clear blocks to intimacy by bringing the brain into present time.
- How to free yourself from old patterns that prevent a depth of connection and engagement.
- How constellation work changes our brains, help us heal painful pasts and move us into new possibilities.
Before September 10: $550
September 10 and after: $625
Payment plans possible, contact Mali Parke firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday (Bonus 1*) Oct 11: 6-9pm
Saturday Oct 12: 9am-6pm
Sunday Oct 13: 2pm-5pm
Sunday (Bonus 2*) Oct 13: 6pm-9pm
Monday Oct 14: 9am-4:30pm
BONUS 1*: On Friday evening, we will have a special 3h Family Constellation session focused on Patriarchy and Social Justice.
BONUS 2*: On Sunday evening, we will have a special 3h Family Constellation session focused on Sexuality, Desire and Intimacy. *Included in full intensive package.
Friends Meeting House of Washington DC
Dupont Circle Red Line Metro
Airbnb or many hotels nearby.
Rooming or Carpooling Offers & Requests: If you have capacity to offer a room/bed and/or carpool to other traveling participants, please contact Mali Parke (email@example.com)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Those struggling with a sense of aloneness or smallness – for those of you who have an ongoing sense of being alone or not able to fully express your vitality, this course is for you! We’ll explore why the instrumental brain tends to leave us stuck, unchanging and smaller (and/or bigger) than what “feels right” in response to relationships and the world.
- Nonviolent Communication Practitioners – for those already familiar with NVC’s “feelings and needs”, this course expands into a thorough exploration of the brain science behind relational choices, and how to support full relational integration with language and constellations.
- Mental Health Practitioners, Healers and Coaches – In order to support your client’s access to movement and healing, it’s critical to understand how we can choose relational space. Family Constellation is a powerful addition to any other healing modalities.
- Family Systemic Constellation Facilitators – witnessing Sarah’s unique work of merging IPNB and resonant language, you will leave with new insights and tools to offer your clients in your FC practice
- Social Activists, Community Organizers and anyone with an interest in Social Change – you can take this workshop to focus on systemic and cultural/societal dilemmas that are currently active in our collective field and support yourself and others in exploring the large trauma that are keeping the pain and dis-order of oppression and exclusion in place and how to approach these pieces for powerful change.
- Neurobiology Enthusiasts – if you’ve ever wondered how the brain responds to relationship and social engagement, and how to make choices to maximize neuroplasticity and learning, this course is for you.
MORE ABOUT SARAH PEYTON
Sarah Peyton, international speaker and facilitator, has a passion for weaving together neuroscience knowledge and experiences of healing that unify people with their brains and bodies. Sarah makes Interpersonal Neurobiology research available for our embodied brains to use in living at peace with ourselves and others. Funny, touching, and filled with personal stories and up-to-date research on our nervous systems and how they interact with each other, her presentations change lives and invite self-acceptance and self-compassion. Sarah offers healing experiences of hearing ourselves and others deeply (using the precision and resonant language that come alive in the long-term study of nonviolent communication) and 3D body-centered explorations of families over generations (through family constellation work). Sarah is a CNVC Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and an experienced facilitator of Family Constellation work. She speaks and writes internationally on the confluence of NVC, Constellation work, and the world of neuroscience research. Read more about Sarah’s work at www.empathybrain.com
Your DC Hosts/Organizers
Mali Parke has been studying with Sarah Peyton as one of her first students of Family Constellations Facilitator training since 2015. Mali offers life, family and systemic group coaching integrating trauma-informed practices such as Focusing, Attachment Focus, Family Constellations, restorative/transformative justice, nonviolent communication, empowered and collaborative leadership and more. She has seen the transformative power of constellation work both in herself and her clients. She is delighted to host Sarah and support the sharing of her transformative work in the DC area.
Robin O’Brien has been studying NVC since 2009. She is connected with the Parent Peer Leadership Program, Family HEART Camp West Virginia and NVC Academy. She works with teens, youth and parents in her local community. Robin is delighted to partner with Mali to bring Sarah to the DC area.